Hybrid Studio Taiko
Hybrid Studio Taiko provides a fresh approach on a classic instrument. Taiko have long been part of movie soundtracks and trailers, with their wide ranging sounds and epic nature.
We wanted to focus on the Taiko in a very action-oriented way, giving you the amazing sound of taiko, but in a close, tight, and impactful way without the typical boomy, long tails you find in most Taiko libraries.
We teamed up with two worldwide taiko experts: Isaku Kageyama and Rannoch Purcell (Taiko Zentrum Deutschland). We recorded custom ensembles of 30", 18", 16", Bachi, Chappas, and Atarigane, then recorded multiple solo drums as well, including 3 30" Odaiko, 2 18" Chudaiko, 2 16" Chudaiko, 1 10" prototype, and 1 Shimedaiko. Most of these drums are recorded with center hits, off-center hits, and rim shots with 10 round robins and 4 velocity layers. This gives you the ultimate realistic performance.
To dive further down the action-focused rabbit hole, we took every sample and created hybridized versions as well, with synth and distorted layers to give extra grit and punch. The interface offers the ability to blend the normal Studio recordings with the Hybrid samples as you see fit, giving you complete control to shape your sound.
Hybrid Studio Taiko (HST) provides 4 Kontakt (6.7+) instruments and is available for use on the Free Kontakt player. It is also fully NKS compatible, giving you total control over all the parameters via your NKS compatible keyboard.
- 4 Kontakt instruments: 1 Full set of all drums mapped across more than 3 octaves, 2 Low Ensembles double mapped 2 octaves apart, High ensembles double mapped 2 octaves apart and Solos double mapped 3 octaves apart
- Nearly 3,000 unique studio and hybrid samples
- 8 custom ensembles and 9 different solo drums
- 10 round robins and 4 velocity layers on most drums (6 round robin minimum)
- Separate volume, mute, attack, release, saturation and EQ controls for the Studio and Hybrid samples
- Global high and low pass filters, plate reverb and hall reverb controls
- Global "wreck" knob for extra power, grit and compression
- All sources recorded at 24bit, 48k quality
- Full NKS compatibility and built to run in the Free Kontakt player or paid version of Kontakt
Kontakt 6.7 required (Full version or Free Player)
Requires only 1 GB Disk Space
Downloaded via Native Access
Great samples and articulation, only miss midi loops to fulfill the dream.
Amazing instrument !!! Incredible variations you can get by blending hybrid and natural👍👍 Suuper to have the round robin and dynamic layers👍👍
And all the tone controls etc are fantastic !!!
You guys are geniuses always<3
Big fans always,
BeauS. & my mother Melanie<3
Another great library. I now own all Fallout libraries!
I'm not afraid to say, I own a lot of percussion. I'm happy to admit I was initially thinking, "Oh no, here are some more generic taikos" but picked them up anyway to try and stay fresh in terms of samples! I'm also happy to be proven wrong, oh so massively wrong! This is next level taiko goodness, epic right out of the box. Aside from being mix ready, you have the option of a more traditional sounding taiko. The best of both worlds but this is next generation percussion at the highest level. You will not be disappointed!
Hybrid Studio Taiko - sounds fantastic, is light on the drive space and has the usual round of borderline telepathic composer tweaks from Fallout Music Group - stop looking for taiko libraries now, you've got the one you need.