Restrung Vol. 1
Restrung Volume 1, the next installment in our Artist Series, is a new solo string library (Violin, Viola and Cello) that is a truly unique sounding solo string instrument, giving you a raw, close, visceral sound you just won't find anywhere else. If you are writing Neo Classical, Tension or Horror music, you'll find this sound to be very inspiring. It also works very well as a top-layer with your orchestral strings to give them some extra punch and grit in the mix!
Recorded with the extremely talented Joni Fuller (yourstringsattached), each string instrument was multi-sampled across 3 octaves with multiple velocity layers, multiple round robins and 8 different articulations. All recordings were made in a very tight room, using the same setup used to record the strings in our popular Unstrung library.
The performance of each articulation is very aggressive, played with tension and horror cues in mind and leaving the beautiful imperfections in place to give you a very realistic and raw sound.
To add extra grit, we multi sample an extra 3 octave layer of noisy, screechy, beautifully hideous notes for each of the 3 articulations: Spiccatissimo, Spiccato, Staccato. Each of the other articulations can also choose to overly any of these extra aggression layers to give them harder attacks and unique sound combinations.
Restrung Volume 1 provides 3 Kontakt (6.6.1+) instruments and installs via Native Access. This, of course, means that it is also available for use in the Free Kontakt Player. It is fully NKS compatible, giving you total control over all the parameters via your NKS compatible keyboard.
- Over 17,000 samples
- 8 Articulations: Spiccatissimo, Spiccato, Staccato, Pizzicato, Bartok, and 3 different lengths of Marcato
- Aggression Layer: an extra noisy set of samples for each of the 3 Spiccatissimo, Spiccato, and Staccato articulations
- Ability to overlay your choice of aggression samples over any non-aggressive articulations
- Convolution reverb room choice and output control
- Release control
- Saturation control
- Compression control
- Keyswitch enabled switching of articulations
- All sources recorded at 24bit, 48k quality
- Full NKS compatibility and built to run in the Free Kontakt player or paid version of Kontakt
Kontakt 6.7.1 required (Full version or Free Player)
Requires 4 GB Disk Space
Downloaded via Native Access